It’s 4pm... Which of these snacks is on your radar 😉
Strawberry Chia Jam 🍓
📝 (2 cups)
* 4 cups fresh strawberries, diced
* 1 tbsp raw honey, as needed for sweetness (use pure maple syrup if vegan)
* 1/4 cup chia seeds, plus more as needed, to thicken
1. Add the strawberries to a saucepan and set over medium heat.
2. Cook until the strawberries break down and become liquidly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Mash the fruit with the back of a spatula or a potato masher. You can make it as smooth or as lumpy as you'd like here for the texture of the jam.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the honey. Taste, and add more honey, as needed, for additional sweetness. If vegan, use pure maple syrup instead of raw honey.
5. Add the chia seeds, and stir to combine.
6. Let stand 5-10 minutes, or until thickened. The jam will continue to thicken, especially once refrigerated, but if you'd like a thicker consistency, particularly with very high-liquid fruits, you can stir in more chia seeds 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Once the jam has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to a jar or sealable mason jar.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH BITES 🍫 🥜
📝 (14 cookie dough bites)
* 1 1/2 cups soaked chickpeas (can use 13.5 oz can cooked chickpeas), drained, rinsed, and patted dry
* 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
* 1/4 cup rolled oats, uncooked (use GF oats if GF)
* 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp sea salt
* 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, plus more, as needed to thin
* 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (make sure dairy-free if vegan or non-dairy)
1. Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, pure maple syrup, rolled oats, cinnamon, and sea salt to a food processor.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Add cookie dough mixture to a mixing bowl, and fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Roll into balls. I use a 1 1/2 tbsp ice cream scoop for even measurement)
Credit- @laceybaier#jam#jelly#healthysnack#healthytreat#chocolate#healthychoices#healthyfoodideas#healthysnacks#homemadecooking ...